Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Cookie Recipe....

We usually don't do recipes on Drab to Fab, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I have to be honest and let you all know I was planning on sharing another craft, but I was so busy doing last minute Christmas errands that I never got a chance to do it. Instead of letting you down, I came up with plan B.....My favorite Christmas cookie recipe! This cookie is one of those that get better & better with each day that goes by, and I promise it is a crowd favorite! You are going to want to triple the batch they are that good! Plus they will look so cute on one of those Cupcake stands that I showed you earlier!

Mint Chocolate Christmas Cookie 


Ingredients:

3/4 c butter

1 1/2 c brown sugar

2 T water

1 12 oz pkg. of chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk – your choice!)

2 eggs

2 1/2 c flour

1 1/4 t baking soda

1/2 t salt

1 bag or 2 boxes of Andes Mint Candies

~ Melt butter, brown sugar, water, and chocolate chips slowly in a pan.

~ Pour into mixing bowl and add eggs, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix together well. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour. (Very important step!)

~ Preheat Oven to 350 degrees after refrigerating dough.

~ Line cookie sheet with foil and place dough in round spoonfuls.

~ Bake for 8-12 minutes. (I like them a little gooey!)

~ Immediately after removing from the oven, place an Andes Mint on each cookie. Allow it to melt for a minute or so, then spread the mint over the top of each cookie with a knife.
Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We are so glad you stopped by our blog! We hope you feel motivated, inspired, and excited to create something Fabulous of your own! We appreciate and love feedback!!