Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Laundry Room Wall

I really love having a separate laundry room off the garage. It is nice to have the kids come home and be able to take their shoes, coats, and backpacks off without those items being strewn all over the house. However, I don't really love tripping over shoes, coats, and backpacks, which is usually the norm around here. I knew I needed a better organized system in the laundry room to make it a "trip free" zone. 

I wanted to use a wide bead board/paneling to be placed horizontally across the wall.
To give my laundry room wall a more welcoming feel and also for an easily wiped down surface.


A large white sheet can be purchased at home depot for around $20.00.
{This project took exactly one sheet}

I also purchased some 1x6 MDF to use as molding for the top of my bead board.


I like to use the baseboard MDF for several reasons. It is inexpensive, the outside is already white which cuts out priming, and it is easy to work with.

I also purchased robe hooks to use for their backpacks.



We measured the bead board to the wall and cut out the outlet holes. Then simply pin nailed it to the wall.
Next we placed the MDF 1x6 flush against the top of the bead board/paneling. 


Once the boards were all in place, my husband filled the holes with wood filler and lightly sanded it after it dried. Then I gave the whole thing a clean two coats of white paint!
Next we simply screwed in our 5 robe hooks.


I also wanted this small space to be cheery and inviting as the kids came home from school, so 
I dug out an assortment of frames (from my frame bin) and spray painted them all white.



I framed a few of my favorite printables and hung them on the wall! 


 It turned out perfectly!! 
And guess what? No more tripping over backpacks and coats!
Errrr....the shoes...well...that is another story.



Toodles,
Bon


3 comments:

  1. Such a fresh clean look . . . just the way a laundry room should look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And love that you have a frame bin like me....only I keep adding to mine and never get around to making something useful with them!
    ~Aubrey

    ReplyDelete

We are so glad you stopped by our blog! We hope you feel motivated, inspired, and excited to create something Fabulous of your own! We appreciate and love feedback!!