Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bowl and Plate Crazy

I did go bowl and plate stand crazy right before Christmas.
This project is so simple, inexpensive and easy!
Like I did here and here

So I made tons for Christmas gifts! For neighbors goodie plates and such!

First up, another fruit bowl or bowl stand!
Made by using another salt shaker, topped off. And a wooden salad bowl.

First glue them together and wait for glue to dry!


Then paint...two coats or more!


Sand the edges down...


And you have a quick and easy Bowl stand!
I forgot to take pictures of this displayed before I gave it away!
I wanted to keep it.
I loved it so much!
But forced myself to part with it!:)

Then I made tons of glass stands
Just buy the taper glass candle holders.
( I got mine at DI, 2 for $1.00. And the bowls/plates for no more than .75 cents. So you see this project is cheap)
Then bowls, etc, with a flat bottom.


Turn it upside down and glue it on.
I used epoxy gorilla glue!


The possibilities are endless!

Happy Creating Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I still need to make some of these! I want to make mini cupcake stands! I love the shirt revamp, so cute Bon! man you really stay caught up, I love all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Boogs--I love those candy dishes! Except then I would buy candy to put inside them, and that is a January no-no. Maybe in February for Valentine's day . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually did something similar for my wedding cake stand! Couldn't find anything that I love, do I got a wide uniquely shaped vase, flipped it over & glued an actual wooden frame on top for the cake to rest on. Spray painted it black & FAB! People thought it was ceramic!

    ReplyDelete

We are so glad you stopped by our blog! We hope you feel motivated, inspired, and excited to create something Fabulous of your own! We appreciate and love feedback!!