Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Pumpkin Candy Holder Revamp

 
You can find  these candy holders cheap at almost any thrift store.
I paid 50 cents for each of these . (I know what you are thinking -big spender- rigghhtttt!? ) 

I have been wanting to make pots  out of them for my porch. So I spray painted them both white.


They weren't bad, but they weren't right either.
 I was SURE I wanted them to be white, but they just looked chintzy to me. So I decided to spray them again using a Hammered Rust-oleum spray paint.
WOW -- that made all the difference. 

Once they were painted and dry, I drilled a few small holes in the bottom and planted some mums in them! 


 OH, I am loving them!

 Seriously, this $1.00 transformation was well worth it!


23 comments:

  1. So cute and such a fun idea! Totally doing this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this i am doing this right away

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this i am doing this right away

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea 💡 Would also make a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a great idea! with a mum in it! love the gift idea

      Delete
  5. So adorable and affordable. I'm all excited to make mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what color hammered spray paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Do you have to paint white first or can you just paint the copper and get the same beautiful results?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to paint white. I originally thought I wanted them white, but it didn't seem elegant enough for my taste! So, the white was a mistake. :)

      Delete
  8. No need to paint white. I originally thought I wanted them white, but it didn't seem elegant enough for my taste! So, the white was a mistake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. JAG August 31,2016
    I am about to do this. In the next couple of weeks. I will put artificial flowers in mine. To much heat here. I use artificial flowers out doors each year. I change them for the seasons. When they get faded I replace them. I repainted all of my plastic flower pot with bright spring colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how many cans of paint did it take to cover both pumpkins?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally awesome. Love this kind of thing. best wishes Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  12. What size mum fits in the pumpkin? 6"? 8"?

    ReplyDelete
  13. What size mum do we need to get?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ya know I don't remember. But I belive a med size pot. It might be easier to buy 3 small potted plants and then repot them that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. do you need to put a primer on these first

    ReplyDelete
  16. NO. The white was just the first color I tried but thought it looked too cheap. So then I tried again with the rustoleum! :)

    ReplyDelete

We are so glad you stopped by our blog! We hope you feel motivated, inspired, and excited to create something Fabulous of your own! We appreciate and love feedback!!