Monday, November 2, 2009

$3.00 Refurbished chair

REFURBISHED CHAIR




I needed a chair for my room. I have been looking for awhile and haven't found anything that I had envisioned. But I did find this old chair at the DI for $3.

It was a little different then I envisioned, but I loved the rounded edges.I took up the nasty seated area and gave the chair a light sanding. Then I painted it black. I then recovered the seating area with a suede/leather-ish fabric. It was $6 a yard but I only used half a yard. I just stapled it on to the surface and then screwed it back down! I lightly sanded the edges again to give it an antique feel. Here is the end result! And the whole total only cost me $6.00!




It will go perfectly in my bedroom with a great decorative pillow on it!

1 comment:

We are so glad you stopped by our blog! We hope you feel motivated, inspired, and excited to create something Fabulous of your own! We appreciate and love feedback!!