Monday, November 2, 2009

Refurbished Bench

REFURBISHED BENCH





This bench cost me $2.00 from the D.I. I knew right away it had potential and loved it, even though it was sooooo nasty.

I (with my husbands help, of course) cut out the middle and side pieces of board. I thought they were supports, but luckily they weren't. I then took off that nasty fabric. This part took more work than I thought because of the thousands of staples I had to remove one at a time with pliers. Next, I sanded the wood and then painted. My paint color changed three times before I just decided on black again.


Beau cut me a board for the base. I then added a little padding (a thin $2.00 pillow) and then stapled fabric over top of the base. The upholstery fabric cost me $2.50 for 1/2 yard. I added a few upholstery tacks, and some rick rack around the edge. So the grand total cost me- drum roll please- $8.25 to make. I did have the paint on hand so I didn't need to buy that or brushes!

1 comment:

  1. This bench is lovely - and right in my price range too! Good work :)
    Megs

    ReplyDelete

We are so glad you stopped by our blog! We hope you feel motivated, inspired, and excited to create something Fabulous of your own! We appreciate and love feedback!!