Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chest Of Drawers Armoire Redo

Seriously I am having thrift store anxiety. 
I haven't been for awhile now and I am itching to get my hands on a killer find like this one.
I found this one over a month ago. 
It was LOVE at first sight.
{sorry I forgot to take pictures as I went along...so what I have will have to do!}
Isn't it fabulous?
My husband was mortified. 
HE definitely could NOT see the potential of this piece. 

We unscrewed all of the hinges, handles, and knobs and gave them a nice new personality with my favorite stuff.

It totally brought them to life too!

We then painted this piece with black paint. 
And finished it off with clear coat spray.



Finally, now to enjoy.....
 

Well, someone else gets to enjoy it! I resold it within 2 days!
XOXO,
Bon


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I have the same in my master bedroom: original finish, original hardware. Difference is I bought mine new in 1978 along with the rest of the set: dresser, two mirrors, two nightstands, headboard, and armoire. I like how you made it look up-to-date (though I do still like the original finish of mine).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I had the SAME armoire for nearly 17 years. We gave it away a year ago, but we sure did get a lot of use out of it. We took the little box compartment out and used it for a TV, a small office and a baking center. All after using it for it's intended purpose for about 10 of those years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this one! I wish I was as ambitious as you. I finally repainted my bedroom dresser set. And I DON'T love the color. So I am not finished I guess. I wish I could score the deals you have. (And make them look 1/2 as good) Great piece!!!

    ReplyDelete

We are so glad you stopped by our blog! We hope you feel motivated, inspired, and excited to create something Fabulous of your own! We appreciate and love feedback!!