Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Window Seat Update

So I have these beautiful window seats in a few of my rooms.


Not only do the rooms need some paint, white just won't cut it with kiddos, these rooms also need a little updated. 
I think the wood "dates" the house.
So after a bit of research and some prep work, I decided to get this room into shape!

First up, I painted the room. 
A beautiful gray color from Glidden called Pebble Gray.
I am in love with it! Not too blue, not too dark, just fresh and bright!

Next, I removed the cabinet door fronts from the window seat and taped off all the walls and inside of the seat.

 After I had done all the prep work {cleaning the cabinets, taping off the walls, and removing all hardware} I got out all the paint and started.


Gripper is my new favorite thing. I didn't have to sand the cabinets at all. It dries supper fast and adheres easily without scraping.


After two coats of Gripper and 2-3 coats of Satin white paint,  I was ready to drill some holes for hardware.

Have you seen this product from the Home Depot? 
It makes adding hardware easy and even. 

I love the way it turned out.



I used a flat sheet to cover the seat cushion. I had my mom sew me a giant pillow case to fit the bench seat cushion. That way I could easily remove it when it needed washed.



Ahhhhh.....so much better!


This room has a whole new look!

Loves,
Bon

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are so glad you stopped by our blog! We hope you feel motivated, inspired, and excited to create something Fabulous of your own! We appreciate and love feedback!!