Monday, May 3, 2010

Fabulous Accesories

Do you wanna learn to make these beautiful flowers?
They have MANY MANY USES.
Flowers for headbands, accessories for pillows, necklaces, etc.

So first you cut a circle out of a piece of felt.
Second.
Cut a strip of fabric. Any kind will work. I have tried it all.


Third.
Tie a knot at the end of fabric and hot glue to the center of the circle felt.


Fourth.
Start twisting the fabric and gluing it down in a circle. Work from the center knot, out.

Until it looks like this.

If your felt circle isn't all the way covered just trim the edges.

Next.
Accessorize the centers!


And Lastly....have FUN with them!

Here are a few creations I made!

Necklace....

Here is one of my beautiful sister Hanna in the gorgeous neckalce she made last year!
This women has tons of gorgeous accessories and she makes them all!!

Isn't that necklace gorgeous?
(...she is going to kill me for putting that picture up...but HELLO...the models are equally as gorgeous!)

Headbands...


Broaches..

(Found this boys vest at the thrift store for $1.00. One small broach and the vest turns fabulous!)


And as long as I am making hair things...why not make a few more satin flowers too!
If you missed that tutorial click here!

Oh happy day of accesorizing!
Go turn something DRABFABULOUS!!!




14 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing these. I've been seeing these flowers everywhere and never realized that they were easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes you HAD to post those photos...beautiful models!
    your way looks so simple! i cant tell you how many times i have burnt myself on hot glue only to have a crappy looking flower! when i figure this out (by trying your way) i will proudly post that i learned it from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! I have a question for you all, I am not sure who posted the last mothers day birdie post, but I was wondering where she got that nice thick bead board? my email is iloveusborne@yahoo.com. Thanks ladies! I love all your amazing projects! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way too cute Bon, I'll need to be making my own now that my life has slowed down for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! I made some a few weeks ago for McKenzie and Chayse! I just love all the ways you can jazz them up! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really cute! I think I am going to give this a try.

    Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I love them and I am trying them now during naptime.=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some friends and myself are having a craft night and we decided that we'd like to make these! Thanks for such an easy tutorial. Two questions: where did you find the chain for the necklace and how do you attach it to a chain? My email is randilynn92@hotmail.com if you'd like to answer me that way. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! Going to have to try this sometime.
    Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. I know this is off topic but can you tell me whre your sister Hanna got those amazing brown boots she is wearing in that fab picture! What a stunning couple.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used this tutorial to make flowers for a Thanksgiving Garland. Thank you so much! http://www.squibsandcrackers.com/2010/11/thanksgiving-garland.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This are really beautiful and it definitely is insightful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I blogged about the ones I made, and linked back to your tutorial. Thanks for the cute idea!

    http://resweater.blogspot.com/2011/12/cute-easy-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete

We are so glad you stopped by our blog! We hope you feel motivated, inspired, and excited to create something Fabulous of your own! We appreciate and love feedback!!