Thursday, September 12, 2013

Easy Knick Knack Makeover

I am pretty much obsessed with little chotskies and knick knacks that can be transformed. A ugly piece can totally be transformed with just a touch of paint. The possibilities are completely endless.
 So, my challenge to you is to find a great ugly piece and transform it too.

I found my, not so cute, elephant at a yard sale for 50 cents.
Next, I rummaged through my spray paint bin (you could easily use tole paints too) and found the color I wanted. 
Ivy Leaf, purchased at Walmart.
 I washed this piece well and let it dry before I applied any paint. When it was dry I applied 2 coats of spray paint.
 I like my pieces slightly distressed, so I gave Mr. Elephant a light sanding.
 Whenever you sand, before you give your piece a clear coat, take a dry sponge brush and wipe down all the tiny dust particles.  This will help your finish be smooth.
Next, simply, clear coat your piece, dry, and then display.

I am loving Mr. Elephant. He makes a great book weight for my sons current reads.


Here are a few more similar projects that we have done over the years.

Spray painted owls, click here.
Spray painted birds, click here.


Until next time,
Bon

1 comment:

  1. I do LOVE spray painting nick knacks. I have been filling me garden with them....can't wait to post!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the green!
    ~Ali

    ReplyDelete

We are so glad you stopped by our blog! We hope you feel motivated, inspired, and excited to create something Fabulous of your own! We appreciate and love feedback!!